Sky announce new 4K Ultra HD Channels
Back in November last Sky launched their new Sky Q range of 4K capable satellite boxes with the promise that there will be new 4K channels in the not too distant future. Well today they have kept that promise by announcing the launch of new 4K content. Initially it will be focused on sport and movies with 124 live Premier League games this season, and over 70 movies, from the world premiere of Spectre in Ultra HD, to Oscar Winner The Revenant, and box office hit The Martian. There will also be 30 hours of natural history and documentaries, with breath-taking scenes from David Attenborough’s Conquest of the Skies, as well as five new dramas, including The Young Pope starring Jude Law and Series four of the gripping FBI thriller The Blacklist.
Luke Bradley-Jones, Director of TV & Content Products, commented: “With Sky Q, we created the world’s best TV experience. Now with the introduction of an unrivalled line-up of Ultra HD TV, the service is going to get even better, truly enhancing customers’ viewing experience. So whether you’re a football fan, movie buff, natural history enthusiast or drama junkie, customers looking for the next-generation of TV viewing will love it.”
You’ll need to have a Sky Q Silver box and subscription and content will be available from 13 August. Highlights for the first year of the service include:
- 124 live Premier League games including the first game of the new season Hull City v Leicester City
- Every race from Formula 1® 2017
- Over 70 movies with premieres including Spectre, The Revenant, The Martian, Bridge of Spies, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials and Concussion
- Over 30 Sky Store rental movies from Angry Birds to the entire Ghostbusters and Men In Black box sets
- The biggest ever library of movies from Minority Report to Forrest Gump, The Godfather, Jerry Maguire, Zoolander, The Da Vinci Code and Spider-Man trilogy
- Ultra HD movie themed collections including Blockbusters, Action, Drama and Oscar winners
- 30 hours of natural history and documentaries, from Sky’s David Attenborough catalogue to Sky 1’s Big Cats: An Amazing Animal Family and brand new Monkeys: An Amazing Animal Family, as well as Richard Hammond’s Jungle Quest, plus National Geographic programmes including new Story of God with Morgan Freeman
- Five new dramas including The Young Pope, featuring Jude Law, and directed by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Paolo Sorrentino, a joint production of Sky, HBO and Canal+, as well as new Series 4 of The Blacklist, and the box set Series 1 – 3.
- Plus other entertainment, including comedy series The Trip To Spain starring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon, Sky Arts’ Landscape Artist of the Year 2016 and Blur in concert
Now’s the ideal time to talk to Cyberhomes about upgrading your system to one that is 4K capable ready for this exciting new content.